Wednesday 29 February 2012

Lights, Camera, Action

I took this photo last week, on Thursday 23rd at 5:55pm to be precise, to mark a turning point in the year.

Now as you can see, this is no great shakes as a photo, but for me a big deal because this was the moment that it was light enough for me to walk back through the park on my way home, rather than go the long way round through the streets.
Memories of earlier blogs come flooding back, composed in my head as I wandered, poems like The Rhythm of My Week .  I am visited by memories of the former years, walking home on the back of a rough day, twiddling my fingers, arms hung by my side, imagining all the stress flying out from my fingertips and settling benignly on the grass behind me.

As a Mancunian with already frizzy hair, I don't mind winter, or rain, or cold - as Billy Connolly says it's all just weather.  But my body and soul do seem to respond to the light and I feel stronger and more free as I march home after a day in the office.

So on this leap year day, February 29th, this bonus extra day in 2012, where I've kind of done nothing that impressive with my extra 24 hours, I am thankful for the small things and hopeful for a Spring full of creativity, happiness, friendship, love and success.

It was light, I had camera, I will take action.

No comments:

Post a Comment